Monday, February 17, 2014

Noticing Notebook

Every week I am going to try and have a theme.  I am going to try and do 2 posts a week.  Saturday or Sunday will be my regular post days and through the week will be the theme post.  I decided to start off this week with one of my themes.  It's my first attempt to do this sort of thing so wish me luck to stick with it.  I have been planning to do this for a while just couldn't figure how it was all going to plan out.  I haven't decided on what days yet.  I will decide when I have a comfortable schedule.  This week's theme is school, so things that relate to school are what I am going to be talking about. 

What is a Noticing Notebook you say?  A Noticing Notebook is where you write the little things you see, hear or notice something different in your life.  It's not like a journal or dairy.  I learned about this Noticing Notebook from my English teachers.  I thought it deserves some attention.  They gave us a list of what we could write in it.  I have a list of my own too. 

Noticing Notebook Categories:
>something overhead
>something/one you saw that caught your eye
>something funny
>list- things to do before you die, things you love, things that annoy you, things you wish you could do, etc. 
>memories
>close observations of things
>things you wonder about
>thoughts about books
>something you read that's funny/interesting
>news stories
>something you hear on the radio or on tv that makes you think or laugh or wonder
>dreams
>travels
>quotations
>songs/music
>questions
>nice phrases/cool words
>family moments
>art
>whatever interests you! start collecting
>stuff: concert tickets, movies stubs, photographs, clippings, from a magazines or newspapers, blade of glass from a beautiful day, make a collage

And, the act of noticing the world itself, of awakening, may very well change the world itself. 

My ideas:
~the little things that make me happy
~shopping
~hanging out with friends
~when its raining out
~when its sunny out
~the holiday times
~study hall
~when I am sick
~movies
~YouTube
~games I play on Ipad, kindle, computer
~camping with family
~watching hockey, football, baseball, basketball games

That's only a couple of my ideas.  So I suggest you give it a try.  It doesn't have to be an everyday thing, it can be a one week thing.  It took me a while to get in the groove of it.  It can be a spiral notebook like the one that I am using at the moment.  You can use a journal, but its not a journal remember.  I have one that I already had and I got it from target it was only a dollar. 


Please tell me what you would write in your Noticing Notebook in the comments? 

~*Nerdy talks*~

No comments:

Post a Comment