Friday, June 13, 2014

Lastest News!

I recently just heard about the new technology for hearing aids, on the Today Show (this is linked to the Today Show's segment)!  I thought it was interesting that hearing aids can do so many other things than to help a person hear better.  They had one that could connect to your phone so you can listen to your music, and another one that could be in your ear and sit there for 2-3 months and then they have to change it. 
 
I think the technology is cool, but it can offend the Deaf community, and yes I say community because when Deaf people meet other Deaf people, we are all instantly family.  We understand each other perfectly, most of us know sign language so that's how we all connect so fast. 
 

The segment on the Today show can be taken offensely because, you're not embracing your Deafness.  If you are hard of hearing or have profound hearing loss don't let it get to you that you are dumb, cause your not.  Just like I'm not dumb or stupid, I have all A's and B's in my classes. 

~*Nerdy and Unique Talks*~

No comments:

Post a Comment